Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Buying Second Hand

When it comes to buying cars, I only ever buy second hand. A lot of people would think that this is strange, but when you look at the amount of value a new car loses, then you can see my logic. There are cars out there which have barely been run in before they hit 100k, and the price of these vehicles can sometimes be three times cheaper than when new!

The last time I was looking for a new car, I used a site called www.motors.co.uk. It is one of those comparison sites, where you type in the sort of vehicle you are after, and include details such as age and model of car, and it returns vehicles which it thinks are within your criteria. I have to say that the site worked brilliantly. It is a great way of narrowing down your choices, and having the different fields to search within makes the whole thing a doddle. Within literally minutes I had found four or five cars that I was interested in.

I arranged a few test drives the next day,. And the second car I went to visit was great. It had done 80,000 miles, but it felt new. The condition was immaculate, and it had full service history. The guy selling even let me have a look around under the bonnet, and everything seemed to be in perfect order. At only £2500, it was way cheaper than I had expected to pay, and I bit his hand off. Several months later and I have had no problems whatsoever. Just think, I could have bought a new car and be £20,000 worse off!
Fort Worth bee removal

0 comments: